Make a gift to the $16.23 Fund
Help us celebrate Gloucester’s 400th!
The Cape Ann Symphony began in 1952 as a volunteer group of thirty or so individuals calling themselves the “Gloucester Civic Symphony Orchestra”. The first concert delighted some 800 concertgoers on July 10th, 1952 in the high school auditorium with a presentation of Beethoven’s First Symphony.
Today, the Cape Ann Symphony has evolved into an all-professional orchestra of more than 70 members with a performance level to rival any regional Symphony in the country. For more than 20 years Maestro Yoichi Udagawa has been the symphony’s Music Director and Conductor and his artistry and passion have made him an audience favorite.
The Pops in the Park concert on July 28th, is a celebration not only of the 400+ years of Gloucester history but of the 70+ years of the Cape Ann Symphony. With the majestic backdrop of Gloucester Harbor this free outdoor event will be a special evening of music.
It is a gift from the Cape Ann Symphony to the city we love.
- Francis Scott Key Star Spangled Banner
- Rossini Barber of Seville Overture
- Anderson Selections from Irish Suite
- Mascagni Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana
- arr. Ricketts Pirates of the Caribbean
- arr. Lowden Armed Forces Salute
- Williams Adventures on Earth
- Williams Liberty Fanfare
- arr. Custer Tribute to Henry Mancini
- Copland Hoedown
- arr. Reed America the Beautiful
- Rob Bradshaw Celebration Overture (World Premiere)
- Tchaikovsky Finale of 1812 Overture
Day of Concert Parking and Transportation.
Stage Fort Park
Parking will be free starting at 4pm. A limited number of handicapped spots will be available.
If you are a non-resident and plan to park at Stage Fort Park before 4pm, you must reserve and pay for a non-refundable spot using the Blinkay app, which can be found on the Apple App Store and Google Play stores.
Traffic entering Stage Fort Park will be one-way onto Hough Avenue from Stacey Boulevard beginning at 4pm.
Satellite locations will be open starting at 5pm. Shuttle transportation to and from Stage Fort Park will be provided between 5pm and 11 pm.
All parking and shuttle services are free.
Satellite locations are as follows:
- Gloucester High School: 32 Leslie O Johnson Road, Gloucester
- O’Maley Innovation Middle School: 32 Cherry St. Gloucester
- Magnolia Woods Recreation Area: 474 Western Avenue, Gloucester
- Rockport Transfer Station Park and Ride: 2 Blue Gate Lane – Rockport
Thank you to all the individuals who made contributions to allow this to be a free event to the public. Every dollar made a difference.
Thanks also to these business sponsors: