Cape Ann Symphony fosters and promotes symphonic music to increase the musical enjoyment and knowledge of the public of Cape Ann and Boston’s North Shore.
Cape Ann Symphony will provide the means and opportunity for accomplished musicians to perform together. It will support and encourage the musical appreciation and development of people of all ages, with an emphasis on youth. It will take an active role in the community. Cape Ann Symphony aspires to national recognition as a leading regional orchestra renowned for artistic excellence, financial stability and civic spirit.
- Financial Development – to develop and implement steps that will permanently secure support to the Symphony by both the community at large as well as from the business community of the region.
- Marketing Development – to assure the existence of focused strategies designed to strengthen the position of the Symphony and promote the advancement of the Symphony as a cultural enterprise.
- Audience Development – to expand the depth and size of the current audience by introducing an outreach program into neighboring communities and by tapping the seasonal market.
- Internal Development – to utilize the talents of both volunteers and staff to expand recognition of the Symphony as an institution of artistic excellence.
- Artistic Development – to continue the history of artistic relevance through innovative approaches to the programming interests of the audience.