Giving to Cape Ann Symphony
Did you ever stop to think about the value of your Cape Ann Symphony concert ticket? Artistically, of course, the value is considerable—perhaps even priceless. But in hard dollar terms, your ticket is worth around $120. That would about cover your ticket share of the cost of maintaining the symphony for a year. To keep your ticket affordable, we must solicit sponsors, grants, advertisers and donations. Whether you are an individual, a grantor or a business, you can support the symphony in many ways.
The first thing to know is that your gift can be restricted, which means it would be earmarked for a specific purpose, or unrestricted funds for the Symphony’s general use. The Cape Ann Symphony is a 501c(3) organization, so your donation is deductible.
You can donate now, or continue reading to learn more about individual or corporate giving, the Symphony Youth Initiative, or our Artistic Sponsorship Program. For detailed information or to discuss opportunities for major gifting, call us at (978) 281-0543 or email us at email@example.com
Why Give to the Cape Ann Symphony?
Make a gift the the Cape Ann Symphony to:
- Share the musical experience with a live audience that brings us together in celebration and surrounds us with joy
- Listen to great symphonic music from a professional orchestra while being local and convenient
- Keep orchestral music alive and available on the North Shore and Cape Ann
- Preserve the strength of our local performing arts and enrich the cultural fabric of our community
- Preserve classical music in our community and support ongoing music education programs
- See the faces of the young students filled with joy after experiencing their first classical concert, all thanks to the Cape Ann Symphony Youth Initiative
Attending a live orchestral performance is an opportunity to experience a truly extraordinary event that enlivens and lifts your spirits. Each year, our fully professional orchestra under the direction of Yoichi Udagawa offers residents of Cape Ann and the North Shore a season of classical and popular masterpieces.
In addition to unrestricted giving during one of our seasonal appeals or at any time, you may wish to support the Cape Ann Symphony Youth Outreach Initiative Program which since 2004 has provided over 11,000 (and counting) elementary students the opportunity to attend an in-school demonstration and a special full orchestra concert.
Or you may wish to participate in our unique Artistic Sponsorship Program. Designed to forge a deep connection between donors and the musicians of the Symphony, donors can direct their giving to support specific positions or musicians in the orchestra.
You may also direct your gift to our Endowment Fund to help ensure the Symphony’s financial stability.
Ways to Give
Of course, you can mail us a check or charge your gift to a credit card. However, you have other options. Here are some ideas for planned giving. The following suggestions do not constitute legal or tax advice. We can give you information, but always consult your legal, tax or financial advisors.
- Bequests: Supporting the Cape Ann Symphony through a bequest is easy – simply include the appropriate language, which we can provide, in your estate plan.
- Tax Saving Programs: These include the donation of appreciated securities, charitable IRA rollovers, naming us a retirement beneficiary, and setting up a Charitable Pooled Income Fund. You can even donate your old car to the Symphony
- Memorial Giving: Many people memorialize loved ones by donating in their name.
- Company Match Programs: If your company has a match program, please include us.
- Monthly Donations: If you use an automated system to pay bills, you can support the Symphony on a regular basis without even thinking about it. Easy and painless.
For more information, call us at (978) 281-0543 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Outreach Initiative Program
The Youth Outreach Program was created to bring the joy of music and music making to both public and private elementary school students on the North Shore. About 1,000 students are served with more expected to be added each year. Under the leadership of program founder, Bruce Bradshaw, teachers receive lesson plans, biographies, educational games, CD's, DVD's and themes to use in class one month before the concert. Members of the Symphony — including soloists, orchestra players and Music Director Yoichi Udagawa — visit schools during January to demonstrate musical instruments. The students are treated to an "adult style" concert as a “Grand Finale" by the Cape Ann Symphony.
Artistic Sponsorship Program
Under the Symphony’s unique artistic sponsorship program donors can direct their giving to support specific positions, from the music director to an individual musician (i.e. flute, oboe, violin, cello). Through this program, supporters of the orchestra will be able to see and hear the results of their gifts. Sponsorships are a wonderful way to honor those you know who may have participated in, or contributed to the arts. One-year, three-year and five-year sponsorships are offered--multiple year sponsorships enjoy a discount! If you choose the latter, flexible payment arrangements are available. Your generous support will be acknowledged in the program book.
For more information on this program and other opportunities for major giving, please contact us at 978-281-0543, or email us at email@example.com.
Through your investment in the Cape Ann Symphony, you are also investing in our communities, your business and employees. It demonstrates that you recognize the essential role that music plays in enriching people’s lives, and that you are committed to making our little part of the world a better place. Businesses can make a direct gift, or can contribute through concert sponsorships, program book advertising, the Artistic Sponsorship Program, or the Youth Outreach Initiative Program. To learn more about Symphony finances, call us at (978) 281-0543 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concert Sponsorships: A typical concert costs $20,000-$25,000 to produce. As the box office covers less than a third of the cost, we depend upon our generous Concert sponsors to help us make up the difference. Aside from knowing that you will be playing a vital part in the musical life of our communities, the principal benefit of Concert sponsorship is the publicity and recognition for your enterprise that we provide as part of the sponsorship package. Specifically, you will receive:
- Lobby space to promote your organization
- Use of your logo in our printed material and our web site
- Listing in our programs at the appropriate category for the entire season
- Recognition from the podium at concerts
- Other benefits as may be negotiated
- Complimentary tickets upon request
Concert Sponsorship rates are:
|Program Sponsor||$10,000.00||Full Concert Sponsorshiop, 2 performances|
|Concert Sponsor||$5,000.00||Full Concert Sponsorshiop, 1 performance|
|Concert Co-Sponsor||$2,500.00||Shared Concert Sponsorship, 1 performance|
Program Book Advertising: We invite you to join in the support of the Cape Ann Symphony by placing an ad in our program book, where you will keep company with many of the region’s leading businesses and arts supporters. The program book runs for the entire season, from September through May. The 5,000 copies we publish reach a wide range of North Shore music lovers and potential customers. An advertisement placed in the Cape Ann Symphony program goes a step beyond smart marketing. Advertising your company or product will not only gain kudos with your customers; it will demonstrate your support of the arts on the North Shore.
For Spec sheet and contract information call 978-281-0543 or email email@example.com.